Watch: Absolut Vodka & Swedish House Mafia Collab For Epic ‘Absolut Greyhound’ Commercial
Swedish vodka brand Absolut has teamed up with electro-house band Swedish House Mafia to deliver a thrilling, futuristic tv spot for its newest mixed-drink, Absolut Greyhound. Made just for Absolut, the band’s intense rhythmic house track, “Greyhound.”
“We’re adding music to mixology, and making hit tracks to go with our hit cocktails,” says Jonas Tåhlin, Vice President Global Marketing at The Absolut Company. “We always expect our consumers to remember the taste of a perfect cocktail. Now they are going to remember what it sounds like.”
Created by TBWA/Chiat/Day and directed by Carl Erik Rinsch (The Gift), the commercial—set as a desert masquerade ball—is quite the brilliant visual journey that keeps you watching to the very end.
Swedish House Mafia’s three DJs Axwell, Steve Angello, and Sebastian Ingrosso engage in a little friendly competition—racing as three robotic greyhounds.
Actually, I’m surprised PETA hasn’t loaded up the complaint wagon on this. Anyhoo…
Meanwhile, high-fashion spectators eagerly await the victor and sip the one-part vodka, three-parts grapefruit beverage.
When one DJ/dog (in yellow) trips up his the others with some special effects, it causes the DJ/dog in blue to fall and tumble but he regains his footing and all three finish strong.
Absolut has also commissioned Swedish electro-soul group Little Dragon and British alternative pop artist Dan Black to pen Absolut cocktail-inspired tracks over the coming months, so we’re excited to see and hear what’s coming next!
Enjoy the full-length Absolut Greyhound commercial/music video below.
Watch the ‘Absolut Greyhound’ Commercial [FULL VERSION]
- Agency: TBWA/Chiat/Day
- CCO: Mark Figliulo
- Client: Absolut
- Global Creative Director: Sue Anderson
- Creative Director: Hoj Jomehri
- Art Director: Hoj Jomehri; Jin Park
- Writer: Sue Anderson
- Head Of Production: Robert Valdes
- Senior Producer: Jennifer McKenzie
- Producer: Nalina Baratz
- Prod. Co.: RSA
- Director: Carl Erik Rinsch
- Exec. Producer: Marjie Abrahams
- Line Producer: Betsy Blakemore
- DOP: Claudio Miranda
- Production Design: Paul Martin
- 1st Assistant Director: Michael Salven
- Editorial: Lost Planet
- Editor: Bruce Herrman
- Exec. Producer: Krystn Wagenberg
- Assistant Editor: Eli Beck-Gifford
- Assistant Editor: Jacks Genaga
- Assistant Editor: Al Lacorazza
- Producer: Marcia Wigley
- EFX: Home Studio
- Telecine: CO3
- Audio Mix: Heard City; Philip Loeb
- Sound Design: Richard Devine