GQ Names Williamsburg, Brooklyn “The Best Shopping Hood”
Best known for its hipsters, warehouse parties, broke artists, and an L train that is hardly ever working, Williamsburg is truly one of my favorite parts of Brooklyn.
The rather well-rounded community has some of the best places to eat and shop.
Apparently GQ.com‘s Andrew Richdale loves it too, calling the neighborhood the “Best Shopping Hood in America.”
He lists 18 places you should breeze through this weekend including:
- Strawser & Smith, a home-design store with stuff like Navajo-print Eames chairs
- In God We Trust, for accessories and such
- CB I Hate Perfume, for all sorts of non-department store scents
- Barber & Supply, for a eucalyptus shave
- H. W. Carter & Sons, for urban lumberjacks
- Academy Records, for vinyl lovers
- Blue Bottle, for coffee
- Mast Brothers, for chocolate
- Maison Premiere, for oysters and a beer
- Brooklyn Denim Co., for jeans