‘Think Like a Man’ Remains at #1 for 2nd Week, ‘The Raven’ & ‘Five-Year Engagement’ Debut Poorly
For the second weekend in a row, Sony Screen Gems‘ Think Like a Man has managed to reach the #1 spot at the weekend box office! The film pulled an impressive $18 million, bringing its 10 day total to $60.9 million. This feat also makes it one of the most successful African-American movies of recent times, already pacing ahead of the lifetime gross of most Tyler Perry films.
Jason Segal and Emily Blunt‘s Five-Year Engagment was expected to come closest to beating Think Like a Man in North America, but fell flat. It raked in a total of $11.15 million, which is way below their $30 million production budget. Meanwhile the John Cusack feature The Raven did even worse and opened at the #7 slot with a disappointing $7.3 million. Take a look at the full top 10 below!
1. Think Like a Man $18 million
2. The Pirates! Band of Misfits $11.4 million
3. The Lucky One $11.3 million
4. The Hunger Games $11.25 million
5. The Five-Year Engagement $11.15 million
6. Safe $7.7 million
7. The Raven $7.3 million
8. Chimpanzee $5.5 million
9. The Three Stooges $5.4 million
10. The Cabin in the Woods $4.5 million